Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mother's Day Gift Baskets

I have found a way to package my Mother's Day presents for this year, using a paper basket that you can find in many tutorials on the web. Usually, the instructions use a 6x6 piece of paper for a very cute but teeny basket, so I changed the dimensions to 9x9" and made them slightly larger to fit my Mother's Day goodies in. It's such an easy basket- score at 3" on each side, make four cuts (up to the first score crossover line on one side so all four cuts run parallel to each other) then fold and staple! Easy.


The subtles paper patterns stack designer series paper is so gorgeous for this project. I also used the stamp sets Well Scripted and Birthday Bakery which I thought looked great together. I used an aqua painter to colour the image by squishing my ink pad while closed to collect some ink on the lid of the ink pad to piant with. The Big Shot Ovals die was used for the large ovals and the scallop edge punch was used on the cards.


I had a great time making these and I hope the recipents enjoy how they're wrapped just as much as what's inside them! Thanks for having a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment