Thursday, January 20, 2011

Silhouette Sentiments


Today's card is a birthday card- always handy to have one around and I've been a bit short of them lately! I used Just Add Ink's sketch challenge 52 for this one and I must say it turned out better than I expected.



The colours I used for my card are Stampin Up's very vanilla, crumb cake, night of navy and early espresso. The antique brad looks great with the gorgeous satin ribbon and I used the big shot for the oval shape. The stamps are from a set called Silhouette Sentiments- which you can get for free when you host a workshop with sales of just $300!



This card has quite a few layers so it does become a bit heavy- I combat this by adding a layered decorative strip to the back of the card to even out the weight to make it stand up better.



This one came together quite easily and I am really enjoying it, but I'm off now to
mother's group so I'll see you later!


4 comments:

  1. Really love the ribbon, the card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours you have put together and the gorgeous ribbon with the antique brad really stands out. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour choice, its fantatsic!

    ReplyDelete