Monday, October 4, 2010

Mojo Monday 159- October Contest

As soon as I saw this month's Mojo Monday sketch contest ideas started pouring in... but sitting at the crafting table I think I had so many ideas I had to slow down and focus on one thing at a time! Here is the sketch we were given:



 It's hard to choose the different elements of a card- do you start with the colour scheme, the stamps or the sketch? I already had the gorgeous sketch to work with so this time I went with the colours first- a pretty floral arrangement of rose red, blushing bride, peach parfait and very vanilla, with a little pear pizzazz (if you could call it that) for embellishment. I fiddled around for a bit and thus here's my card:



I used rose red and whisper white (craft) inks, as well as the top note die and the manhattan flower embossing folder. I sponged every layer to soften it up. The green jewels and white scalloped ribbon (which is actually a sticky tape- very cool) are non Stampin Up. I again used the Friends Never Fade set which is a star on my blog at the moment- it's so lovely to use with so many colours. The central flower is first stamped in white, then rose red to achieve a shadow effect.

I also decorated the inside of my card:


You kinda need glasses for that photo, but you get the idea. I wanted to keep it simple on the inside, but it does make the card feel very spesh.

I hope you like my card, thanks for having a look!

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Tenille. Love your colour choice and the Friends Never Fade stamp set is perfect for this card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the colors and the bling on the stem. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete