Monday, November 22, 2010

Fancy Favor Box

After seeing new ideas and getting a new stamp set to play with at regional training, I have been keeping busy! I thought I would do Just Add Ink's colour challenge this week-



Lovely colours! I had a go at watercolouring using my new stamp set, Every Moment.
I used the Fancy Favor box to make this:


I have used the perfect polkadots embossing folder, as well as the curly label punch which adds a nice effect. The circles down the bottom are from Circle Circus and the greeting is from a stamp set which you can earn for free at the moment by having a workshop.

I cheated a little and used early espresso for the button and ribbon- but it's pretty close!

I did three layers of watercolouring to achieve this effect, and used crystal effects to add "dew drops" on the bullrushes. My box is actually based on one of the four make and takes from regional training:


Let me know what you think! Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. CUTE! Love the reeds and bird coloured in those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is cute, that stamp set sure has grown on me lol. Very Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your watercolouring and the crystal effects - a lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Tennille! I love the way you've created the tag, adding the Curly Label Punched bit on the end. Beautiful little box; you should be very proud of yourself for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tennille,
    Love how you coloured the image, looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, great watercolouring! Thanks for playing at JAI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THIS TO BITS! So gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink! xx Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your version of the training box. The colours look stunning togther. The tag is inspirational too. Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job with the watercolouring and the touch of crystal effects masterful. Well done. Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year. Margaret

    ReplyDelete